Name: YU Qiang
Current Appointment: Professor of Agricultural Ecology
1991-1994 PhD in Agricultural Meteorology, Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
1984-1987 M. S. in Agro-meteorology, Department of Agricultural Meteorology, Beijing Agricultural University, Beijing, China
1980-1984 B. S. in Agro-meteorology, Department of Agricultural Meteorology, Nanjing Institute of Meteorology, Nanjing, China
Areas of Specialization:
Agricultural ecology, Agricultural system model, Eco-physiological simulation, CO2 and water flux measurement, Land surface processes, Crop-water relationship, Water and fertilizer management, Farming system sustainability.
Scholarships and Awards:
Member of ｀Hundreds of Talents Program¨, Chinese Academy of Sciences (1997)
Project title: ｀Mechanism and simulation model of crop productivity¨
Sir Frederick McMaster Fellowship, CSIRO (2005)
Project title: ｀Opportunities to use climate information to mitigate the impact of agriculture on the environment.¨
1. Flerchinger GN and Qiang Yu. Simplified expressions for radiation scattering in canopies with ellipsoidal leaf angel distributions. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 2007 (in press)
2. Qiang Yu, Gerald N Flerchinger, Joseph Kozak, Shouhua Xu, Liwang Ma, Laj Ahuja, 2006. Energy balance and water and heat transfer simulated by SHAW and RZ-SHAW. Trans ASABE (in press).
3. Qiang Yu, Gerald N. Flerchinger, Combining Simultaneous Heat and Water (SHAW) with photosynthesis model to simulate water and CO2 fluxes over wheat canopy, Water Resources Research (revised MS submitted).
4. Wang J, Yu Qiang, Lee XH, Simulation of crop growth and energy and carbon dioxide fluxes at different time steps from hourly to daily. Hydrological Processes 2007, 20: (in press)
5. Yu Qiang, Wang EL, Smith CJ, Jonny X and Jiang Q. A modelling investigation into the economic and environmental values of 'perfect' climate forecasts for wheat production under contrasting rainfall conditions in Southern Australia. International Journal of Cliamtology. 2007 (in press)
6. Yu Qiang, Xu SH, Wang J, and Lee XH. Modelling diurnal changes in CO2 and water vapor fluxes influenced by leaf water potential: A ChinaFlux land surface scheme. Boundary Layer Meteorology 2007 (in press)
7. Li LH, Yu Qiang, Quantifying the effects of advection on canopy energy budgets and water efficiency in an irrigated wheat field in the North China Plain. Agricultural Water Management, 2007, 89: 116-122
8. Fang QX, Yu Qiang, Wang EL, Soil nitrate accumulation, leaching and crop nitrogen use as influenced by fertilization and irrigation in an intensive wheat-maize double cropping system in the North China Plain. Plant Soil, 2006, 284: 335-350
9. Jiang ZY, Yu Qiang, Wang TD, Sun XM and Zhang RH. Continuous wavelet transform and discrete muli-resolution analysis of surface fluxes and atmospheric stability. Progress in Natural Science, 2006, 16(4): 403-409.
10. Li J, Yu Qiang, Sun XM, Tong XJ, Ren CY, Wang J, Liu EM, Zhu ZL, Yu GR. Carbon dioxide exchange and the mechanism of environmental control in a farmland ecosystem in North China Plain. Science in China (Series D). 2006, 49(S2): 226-240
11. Li LH, Yu Qiang, Zheng YF, Wang J and Fang QX. Simulating the response of photosynthate partitioning during vegetative growth of winter wheat to environmental factors. Field Crops Research, 2006, 96: 133-141
12. Lu PL, Yu Qiang, Liu JD, He QT. Effects of changes in spring temperature on flowering dates of woody plants across China. Botanical Research 2006, 47: 153-161
13. Lu PL, Yu Qiang, Liu JD, Lee XH. Advance of tree-flowering dates in response to urban climate change. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 2006, 138: 120-131
14. Wang J, Yu Qiang, Li J, Li LH, Li XG, Yu GR and Sun XM. Simulation of diurnal variation of CO2, water and heat fluxes over winter wheat with a model coupled photosynthesis and transpiration. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 2006, 137: 194-219
15. Wu DR, Yu Qiang, Lu CH. Quantifying production potentials of winter wheat in the North China Plain. European Journal of Agronomy, 2006, 24: 226-235
16. Xiao W, Gerald N. Flerchinger, Yu Qiang, Youfei Zheng. Evaluation of SHAW model in simulating the components of net all wave radiation. Trans ASABE 2006, 49(5): 1351-1360
17. Xiao W, Yu Qiang, Gerald N Flerchinger, Zheng YF, Evaluation of SHAW model in simulating energy balance, leaf temperature and micrometeorological variables within a maize canopy. Agronomy Journal, 2006, 98: 722-729
18. Yu Qiang, Saseendran SA, Ma L, Flerchinger GN, Green TR and Ahuja LR. Modeling a wheat-maize double cropping system in China using two plant growth modules in RZWQM. Agricultural Systems 2006, 89: 457-477
19. Zhang YQ, Liu CM, Lei Y, Tang Y, Yu Qiang, Shen YJ and Sun HY. An integrated algorithm for estimating regional latent heat flux and daily evapotranspiration. International Journal of Remote Sensing. 2006, 27(1): 129-152
20. Qin Z, Yu Qiang, Xu SH et al. Water, heat fluxes and water use efficiency measurement and modeling above a farmland in the North China Plain. SCIENCE IN CHINA (Series D), 2005, 48(Supp. I): 207-217.
21. Zhang YQ, Yu Qiang, Liu CM, Wang J. Simulation of CO2 and latent heat fluxes in the North China Plain. SCIENCE IN CHINA (Series D), 2005, 48(Supp. I): 172-181.
22. Lee XH, Yu Qiang, Sun XM, Liu JD, Min QW, Liu YF and Zhang XZ. Micrometeorological fluxes under the influence of regional and local advection: a revisit, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 2004, 222: 111-124.
23. Qiu XF, Zhen Y, Miao QL and Yu Qiang. Estimation of annual actual evapotranspiration from nonsaturated land surfaces with conventional meteorological data. Sciences in china ser. D, 2004, 147(3): 239-246.
24. Yu Qiang, Zhang YQ, Liu YF and Shi PL. Simulation of the stomatal conductance of winter wheat in response to light and CO2 changes. Annals of Botany, 2004, 93: 435-441.
25. Zhang YQ, Eloise K, Yu Qiang, Liu CM, Shen YJ and Sun HY. Effect of soil water deficit on evapotranspiration, crop yield, and water use efficiency in the North China Plain. Agricultural Water Management, 2004, 64: 107-122.
26. Zhang YQ, Liu CH, Yu Qiang and Shen YJ. Energy flux and Priestley-Taylor Parameter over Winter Wheat and Maize in the North China Plain. Hydrological Processes, 2004, 18: 2235-2246.
27. Zhang YQ, Yu Qiang, Liu CM, Jiang J and Zhang XY. Estimation of winter wheat evapotranspiration under water stress with two semiempirical approaches. Agronomy Journal, 2004, 96: 159-168.
28. Liu JD, Zhou XJ and Yu Qiang. Numerical analysis of the source-sink alternation of composite global warming potential of the rice paddy ecosystem in the Yangtze River Delta, SCIENCE IN CHINA (Series D), 2003, 46(4): 385-396.
29. Yu Qiang and Liu JD. Simulation of rice biomass accumulation by an extended logistic model including influence of meteorological factors, International Journal of Biometeorology, 2002, 46: 185-191.
30. Yu Qiang, Liu YF, Liu JD and Wang TD. Simulation of leaf photosynthesis of winter wheat on Tibet plateau and in North China plain. Ecological Modelling, 2002, 155(2-3): 205-216.
31. Yu Qiang, Goudriaan J and Wang TD, Modeling diurnal variations of photosynthesis and transpiration of C3 plant leaf to environment based on stomatal and non-stomatal responses, Photosynthetica, 39(1): 2001, 43-51.
Yu Qiang, Hengsdijk H and Liu JD. Application of a progressive-difference method to identify climatic factors causing variation in the rice yield in the Yangtze Delta, China., International Journal of Biometeorology, 2001, 45(2): 53-58.
Office Address: Key Lab of Ecological Observation and Modelling, Institute of Geographical Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Tel: 86-10-64856515 (work)
Fax: 86-10-64851844 (work)