1. A brief introduction to IGSNRR, CAS
The Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IGSNRR, CAS) was established in 1999 by combining the Institute of Geography (IOG) founded in 1940 and the Commission for the Integrated Survey of Natural Resources (CISNAR) founded in 1956.
In the past decades, IGSNRR and its predecessors have led China in the field of geographical research, making major research contributions to the rational use of natural resources, ecological and environmental protection, comprehensive land consolidation, resource and environmental information systems, and sustainable regional development.
IGSNRR is a multidisciplinary research institute focusing on physical geography and global change, human geography and regional development, natural resources and environment, geographical information systems and surface simulation, terrestrial water cycle and water resources, ecosystem network observation and modeling, and Chinese agricultural policy. Through the research on these domains, the institute aims to solve the major natural resource and environmental problems related to national sustainable development and improve its own innovative capacity at the same time.
IGSNRR is very active in international and domestic cooperation and communication. It has established cooperative arrangements with academic institutions in more than 50 countries and regions.
2. Position and requirements
We welcome applications for the faculty position at the level of assistant professor in the Key Laboratory of Water Cycle and Related Land Surface Processes, IGSNRR, CAS. This position is open for the applicants who are specialized in ecohydrology and water environment. The position duties include:
1. Conduct excellent research on ecohydrology and water environment in relation to sustainable water management. This could include research with wetland, lake, water quality, hydrology, ecological conservation, watershed management, or climate change projects.
2. Contribute to research programs in IGSNRR, CAS. This includes investigating the vulnerable ecosystems, and conducting scientific investigation of the river, wetland, and lakes.
3. Assist in the supervision of students, the development of international research cooperation with both developed countries and developing countries, and the management of extension and outreach efforts.
4. Solicit external research funding to enhance research programing.
5. Publish research results in refereed journals, books, and book chapters.
The applicants need to be qualified with a doctoral degree in hydrology, environmental science or a closely related discipline and proven research experiences in ecohydrological modeling, data analysis, and field observations.
The applicants should demonstrate the potential for collaborative, integrated, multi-disciplinary research, granting, publishing, and stakeholder involvement.
3. Relevant information
IGSNRR assures the recruited international staff with basic living and working conditions in China by offering salary and working conditions. Please prepare and submit hard copies of all the following application documents.
Application form in English (Please download the application form as attached)
A recent passport-sized digital photograph (in color)
Photocopy of passport data page
Photocopies of certificates of your highest educational diploma/degree, and/or professional qualification certificates
Photocopies of first pages of your published papers
4. Application deadline
Submission of applications is due by 30th July, 2021. Applications submitted later than the due date will NOT be entertained under any circumstances.
For more information, feel free to contact us through any of the following methods:
Phone: 86-10-64889182 Email: email@example.com (Ms. LIN Jing); firstname.lastname@example.org (Mr. CHENG Bangbo); email@example.com (Mr. ZHANG Ming).
Address: No. 11A, Datun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100101, China Website: http://english.igsnrr.cas.cn/