1. A brief introduction to IGSNRR, CAS
The Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IGSNRR, CAS) was established in 1999 by combining the Institute of Geography (IOG) founded in 1940 and the Commission for the Integrated Survey of Natural Resources (CISNAR) founded in 1956.
In the past decades, IGSNRR and its predecessors have led China in the field of geographical research, making major research contributions to the rational use of natural resources, ecological and environmental protection, comprehensive land consolidation, resource and environmental information systems, and sustainable regional development.
IGSNRR is a multidisciplinary research institute focusing on physical geography and global change, human geography and regional development, natural resources and environment, geographical information systems and surface simulation, terrestrial water cycle and water resources, ecosystem network observation and modeling, and Chinese agricultural policy. Through the research on these domains, the institute aims to solve the major natural resource and environmental problems related to national sustainable development and improve its own innovative capacity at the same time.
IGSNRR is very active in international and domestic cooperation and communication. It has established cooperative arrangements with academic institutions in more than 50 countries and regions.
2. Position and requirements
We welcome applications for the faculty position at the level of assistant professor in the Key Laboratory of Land Surface Pattern and Simulation, IGSNRR, CAS. The position duties include:
1. Participate in research program supported by “National Key R & D Program of China”, assist scientists in the analysis of model output and preparation of results for publication.
2. Integrate the micro-level research with the macro-level research (such as crop phenology, food security from the geographic perspective) of agricultural science.
3. Access and process IPCC climate model data sets, analyze the impacts of climate change on other parts of the ecosystem.
4. Be able to solve the issues that are the obstacles to the development of agriculture in China.
5. Implement novel and latest methods in research, such as machine learning or the special ones in the agricultural field.
6. Conduct independent research related to climate change, agricultural phenology and food security, write scientific papers and publish in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
The applicants need to be qualified with a doctoral degree in agricultural science, environmental science, climate science or a related discipline and proven research experiences in applying multi-scale analysis and multiplex networks to climate change, agricultural phenology and food security.
The applicants should have an understanding of numerical methods for data integration and analysis and have experiences in climatic or ecosystem process modeling.
The applicants should be with a good publication record, excellent English writing skills and programming ability preferably in MATLAB, R or Python.
3. Relevant information
IGSNRR assures the recruited international staff with basic living and working conditions in China by offering salary and working conditions. Please prepare and submit hard copies of all the following application documents.
- Application form in English (Please download the application form as attached)
- A recent passport-sized digital photograph (in color)
- Photocopy of passport data page
- Photocopies of certificates of your highest educational diploma/degree, and/or professional qualification certificates
- Photocopies of first pages of your published papers
4. Application deadline
Submission of applications is due by 28th May, 2021. Applications submitted later than the due date will NOT be entertained under any circumstances.
For more information, feel free to contact us through any of the following methods:
Phone: 86-10-64889182 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms. LIN Jing); email@example.com (Mr. CHENG Bangbo); firstname.lastname@example.org (Mr. ZHANG Ming).
Address: No. 11A, Datun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100101, China