Name: ZHANG Linxiu
PhD in Agricultural Economics
Areas of Specialization:
Agricultural and rural development policy studies
NSFC Outstanding Young Scientists Award (2002)
1) Member of American Agricultural Economists Association.
2) Member of Chinese Economists Association.
3) Member of editorial board of Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
4 Board Member of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Economics and of the Chinese Association of Agri-Technical Economics.
5) Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees for the WorldFish Centre (2000-2006)
6) Board member of World Agrofroestry Center (ICRAF).
7) Independent board member of the International Center for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
Representative Publications (recent):
Liu Haomiao, Zhang Linxiu, Scott Rozelle and Loren Brandt (2007): An Analysis of the Impact of the Tax System Reform upon the Finance of Township, Management World, No.5, 2007, pp49-55.
Li Qiang, Zhang Linxiu (2007): An Application of Farm Household Model: Impact Analysis of China’s WTO Accession on Farm Household Production and Consumption Behaviour, Journal of Nanjing Agricultural University (Social Sciences Edition), No.1, 2007, pp.25-36.
Luo Renfu, Zhang Linxiu, Huang Jikun, Scott Rozelle and Chengfang Liu (2006): Village Governance、Rural Tax-for-Fee Reform and Public Goods Provisions in Rural China, China Economic Quarterly, Vol.5 No.4 (2006): 1295-1310
Zhang, Linxiu, Luo Renfu, Chengfang Liu and Scott Rozelle (2005): Determinants of Public Goods Investments in Rural China, Economic Research Journal, 11 (2005): 76-86;
Alan de Brauw, Qiang Li, Chengfang Liu, Scott Rozelle and Linxiu Zhang (forthcoming), “Feminization of Agriculture in China? Debunking Myths Surrounding Women’s Participation in Farming.” China Quarterly，Accepted. [SSCI]
Renfu Luo, Linxiu Zhang, Jikun Huang and Scott Rozelle (2007). “Elections, Fiscal Reform and Public Goods Provision in Rural China”, Journal of Comparative Economics, [SSCI]
Yu, Lerong, Renfu Luo and Linxiu Zhang. “Decomposing Income Inequality and Policy Implications in Rural China”, China & World Economy, Vol 15, No.2, pp44-58,2007. [SSCI]
Zhang Linxiu, Yan Yuanyuan, Scott Rozelle and Holly Wang (2006): An Empirical Analysis of China’s New Cooperative Medical System: From a Policy Prospective, Social Sciences in China, Vol. XXVII, no.3, Autumn, 2006: 107-116.
Zhang, Jian, Linxiu Zhang, Scott Rozelle and Steve Boucher（2006）: Self-employment with Chinese Characteristics: The Forgotten Engine of Rural China’s Growth, Contemporary Economic Policy, March 1, 1-13, 2006. [SSCI]
Zhang, Linxiu, Renfu Luo, Scott Rozelle and Chengfang Liu (2006): Investing in Rural China: China’s Commitment to Modernization, The Chinese Economy, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 57–84, 2006
Major Research Projects (current):
1. CAS International collaboration (2005-2008) on Ecosystem Services Changes and Human Activities
2. Policy options for sustainable rural development, 2007-2009, CAS innovation project.
3. Impact of agricultural tax elimination on rural public goods provision (2007-2009), Joint research with MIT and Stanford University
11A Da Tun Road
An Wai, Beijing 100101
People’s Republic of China